The Debt of Divorce
When you treat your Marriage like a business transaction, you become married to a business partner.
Many relationships have lost intimacy, and they are at an all-time low. There is deficit in their love tank. Why? We live in a time and age where people are less likely to commit and more apt to exit. If it looks too hard or feel inconvenience, there is a mentality that it must be wrong or broken.
This deficit is what I call the debt of divorce. Literally, a relationship can go from care to toleration. A better Foundation for marriages is covenant. Although it is not a common word nowadays, it is the better term to describe the sweat and sacrifice that go into building a healthy relationship and intimacy. The following tips and practical Solutions do not apply to physical or emotional abusive relationships.
10 Tips for Healthy marital relationship
As a legal family counselor, focused on protecting family ties, it is important to help families stay together. Stay in healthy love relationship. A healthy love relationship starts with healthy persons. The couple must both want to be together and stay together.
Relationship is a two-way street. Although we are imperfect people, a fun and peaceful relationship is possible. Here are our 10 tips for keeping your love relationship healthy.
- Communication is key. Talk more and Listen more.
- Forgive each other. It is okay to disagree. Agree that you disagree.
- Healthy eating habits and exercise helps too.
- Honesty is the best policy. Secrecy can break the bridge of Trust.
- Keep dating each other. Dating is more than activities; it about knowing each other and learning more about your character.
- Be creative about your time together. Time is your greatest investment in your relationship. Next is your words. Romantic is simply creativity in love.
- Be vulnerable and respectful of each other’s feelings.
- Serve. Don’t allow pride to keep you from serving each other’s needs.
- Support each other’s goals and dreams. It is easier to create great memories when you are there for each other during ups and downs.
- Find common grounds. You are two different people with different upbringings and backgrounds. Accommodate each other’s differences and find common interests.
This list is not exclusive. Different strokes for different folks. Couples should take time to study each other in order to love each other.
I have spoken to several people doing consultations, and these are some of the takeaways. Once a marital relationship becomes bankrupt emotionally, mentally, and financially, it eventually uses divorce as its exit strategy. And Texas, the legal term is insupportability.
Therefore, keep in mind that’s all hope is not lost. You and your spouse may want to seek the interaction and guidance of a licensed counselor and mentors. As much as possible, do not go through a babkrupt marital relationship alone.